Friday, March 27th
|Wake up! |
Breakfast & Morning Mindfulness
|Morning Mindfulness: |
|What’s the move? |
2 Week Fitness Log
– Can you choose 3 more times today to complete the challenge?
– What exercises can you add?
– Can you make it a competition with someone in your house?
– How can you make the move easier or more difficult?
– Record your results and repeat the exercise each day or week to see your improvements!
Remember yesterday’s stick rhythm dance?
Now, come up with your own routine to your own songs and make your own video!
Review the video for ideas:
Spell words with an exercise for each letter
Spell your own name first, then add other people’s names. After that, add words that you think of! Make it a game with someone in your house! You can even perform your spelling and vocabulary words!
|SMART Moves |
What Is Friendship?
“True friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like leaves, found everywhere.”
|– Take 5 minutes to write a reflection in your journal about today’s quote. |
– Watch the video Teen Voices: Friendships and Boundaries and think about what makes a good friend. How do you show someone that you are a good friend and how do they show you?
– Write in your journal as many adjectives as you can think of that describe a true friend. Choose attributes that you personally look for in a friend. What are the skills necessary to maintain a friendship? How are you maintaining friendships during this social distancing period?
– Finally, think about and answer these questions in your journal: * How have you been a true friend in the past?* Are there any attributes of a true friend you would like to develop more fully?* Are there any skills that you need to work on in order to be a better friend?
|Lunch Time! |
Remember to wash your hands before and after eating!
Check out this video while you’re at it: CLICK HERE
Make your own video and share it with a family member.
|How does the food you eat affect your brain? |
Find out here: CLICK HERE
|Leadership & Service||Ms. Tasheekia’s My Empowerment (M.E.) Project: |
The Two Cousins That Fuel Frustration, Stress and Anxiety
|Ready to Explore!? |
Let’s take a Virtual Trip!
|Let’s Visit the Cincinnati Zoo! |
Learn about these adorable Red Pandas in this fun home safari!
Check out this Instagram video on germs! CLICK HERE
Fight the Germs! Clean all shared surfaces: Wipe all kitchen table and chairs, door handles, light switches, desk tops, phones, computers, kitchen & bathroom counter, bathroom sink and toilet.
|Arts Activity: Check out Lunch Doodles with author Mo Willems! |
Episode 1: CLICK HERE
STEM Activity: Try this easy, fun, and quick STEM activity! All you need is a ziploc bag and pencils. CLICK HERE
|Life Skills||Do you have a growth mindset or a fixed mindset? |
Boost your confidence with these tips!
|College and Career Readiness||Listen as a fellow teen talks about the important questions you need to ask yourself in order to get where you want to be in 5-10-15 years. |
Questions Every Teenager Needs to Be Asked
|Mindfulness Meditation |
Time to unwind!
|Stress Relieving Music |
Listen to unwind or to help you go to sleep