Thursday, April 2nd
| Wake up! |
Breakfast & Morning Mindfulness
|Morning Mindfulness: A Positive Morning Meditation Full of Love and Positive Energy |
Morning Yoga: Good morning! 15 Minute Sunrise Yoga
| What’s the move? |
2 Week Fitness Log
– Challenge someone in your house to workout with you!!
– How can you make the moves easier or more difficult?
– Record your results and repeat the exercise again this week!
|Warm up! |
Plank challenge from your friends at the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation!
How long can you hold your body in the plank position? Time yourself or have a family member time you to see how long you can hold a plank. Then, challenge someone in your home or online to beat your time.
Would You Rather?
Pick one! Do the opposite move later in the day!
|SMART Moves |
PART 2: What Do I Know About Gateway Drugs and Other Drugs?
Take care of your body; it’s the only place you have to live.
– Jim Rohn
|– Think about what you reflected on yesterday (what are good vs. bad drugs, how can good drugs become bad, etc.) |
– Open the Basic Facts Challenge to see if you can answer these questions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco.
– How do you think you did? Check your answers against the Basic Facts Challenge Answer Key.
– In your journal, answer these questions: What, if anything, surprised you about this activity? Were there answers you were surprised to see? Is there anything you might change in your own behaviors or life after learning these facts?
|Lunch Time! |
Remember to wash your hands before and after eating!
You’re going to recognize the songs in this hand washing parody!
|Try this activity from BGCA!|
Eat your Science! Great Globs of Gluten CLICK HERE
|Leadership & Service||Ms. Tasheekia’s My Empowerment (M.E.) Project: The Company You Keep|
|Ready to Explore!? |
Let’s take a Virtual Trip!
|How much do you know about meerkats? |
Learn something new about these adorable animals from the: CIncinnati Zoo Home Safari: Meerkats
Check out this Instagram video on germs!
Fight the Germs! Clean all shared surfaces: Wipe all kitchen table and chairs, door handles, light switches, desk tops, phones, computers, kitchen & bathroom counter, bathroom sink and toilet.
|Arts Activity: How to Beatbox Basics in 1 Minute |
STEM Activity: Learn about how viruses jump from animals to humans.
|Life Skills||Yesterday, you learned some ways to manage stress. Today, learn how to make self-care a priority. |
What are some things you are doing to take care of yourself every day?
A Self-Care Action Plan
|College and Career Readiness|| The need for balance between book smarts and street smarts is more crucial than ever. |
Watch Jullien Gordon talk about how to be smart when thinking about and going to college.
How to Graduate College with a Job you Love and Less Debt
| Mindfulness Meditation |
Time to unwind!
|Evening Gratitude Meditation: Thank You for This Day|