Tuesday, March 31st
| Wake up! |
Breakfast & Morning Mindfulness
| Morning Mindfulness: 10 Minute Morning Meditation for Clarity, Stability, and Presence |
Morning Yoga: CLICK HERE
2 Week Fitness Log
Can you choose 3 more times today to complete the challenge?
What exercises can you add?
Can you make it a competition with someone in your house?
How can you make the move easier or more difficult?
Record your results and repeat the exercise each day or week to see your improvements!
|Warm up! |
One Hand Ball Challenge!
“Would You Rather?” Fitness Edition!
Can you make your own “Would You Rather?” fitness game with someone at home?
|SMART Moves |
– Peer Pressure
– How Do My Friends Affect Me?
– What Do I Do When My Friends Want Me to Take Risks?
– How can I respond to my friends or my peers when they want me to engage in risky behavior?
|– Review the three types of behavior in the Smart Moves, Day 10 document. |
– Imagine that you purchased new headphones from a store and realized they did not work. When you go back to the store, which of the following scenarios do you do? (a) Put it in the closet and buy another one. (b) Walk up to the clerk, shaking your fist, and say: What right have you got to sell me junk like this? (c) Walk up to the clerk calmly, and say: I bought these headphones yesterday, and it doesn’t work. I would like my money back.
– The first option is passive, the second is aggressive, and the third is assertive. The most effective thing to do is be assertive, like option three.
– Go through each scenario on the Smart Moves, Day 10 document and write in your journal what would be the passive, aggressive, and assertive ways to respond in each scenario. What would you do in each of those situations? Write your responses in your journal.
|Lunch Time! |
Remember to wash your hands before and after eating!
Have you heard this handwashing song? CLICK HERE
Ms. Brenda and Ms. Danielle say, “You’re welcome!”
|10 Ways to Read a Food Label|
|Leadership & Service||“FRIENDSHIPS MATTER”|
|Ready to Explore!? |
Let’s take a Virtual Trip!
|Have you ever been to a Natural History Museum? |
Go on a walking tour of the Natural History Museum in Washington D.C.!
Check out this Instagram video on germs! CLICK HERE
Fight the Germs! Clean all shared surfaces: Wipe all kitchen table and chairs, door handles, light switches, desk tops, phones, computers, kitchen & bathroom counter, bathroom sink and toilet.
|Arts Activity: Dance with Ms. Isabel! |
STEM Activity: Two of our FGCU Volunteers show you How to Make Slime!
|Life Skills||Learn some Basic First Aid skills with this video! |
|College and Career Readiness||Want to see what it’s like to be a Med School Student? |
Here is A Week as a Med Student
|Mindfulness Meditation |
Time to unwind!
|Meditation for Inner Peace|